Dr. John H. Myers Joins Pipeline Health Leadership Team as Vice President of Ambulatory Services to Help Oversee Freestanding Emergency Department Operations in DFW
DALLAS (January 29, 2019) – Pipeline Health, a successful community‐based hospital ownership and management company headquartered in Los Angeles, announced today that it is expanding its footprint in the Dallas‐Fort Worth area through a joint venture with Adeptus Health. Twenty‐two freestanding emergency rooms will become licensed outpatient departments of City Hospital at White Rock – and will be renamed City Hospital Emergency Care.
“We have a successful track record of improving community healthcare through innovation and rethinking how healthcare is delivered. We’re confident our personalized approach to ER care through the City Hospital Emergency Care facilities will be a win‐win for everyone, including patients, physicians, other caregivers and Dallas‐Fort Worth residents,” said Dr. Mark Bell, president and founder, Pipeline Health.
Joining the Pipeline Health leadership team as vice president of ambulatory services is Texas‐native and successful healthcare entrepreneur Dr. John H. Myers, an award‐winning, board‐certified emergency physician and pediatric specialist. He will work with the local operations and clinical teams for all City Hospital Emergency Care locations.
“We’re thrilled to have Dr. Myers join our team in Dallas. He’s an accomplished physician, entrepreneur and elite athlete who pushes the boundaries to achieve success in anything he pursues. We admire his passion for developing innovative healthcare solutions and believe he will bring tremendous value to City Hospital Emergency Care and the communities we serve,” said Dr. Bell. City Hospital Emergency Care will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week and staffed with board‐ certified physicians. Each freestanding emergency room, equipped with a full radiology suite, including CT scanner, digital X‐ray, ultrasound, as well as an on‐site laboratory, has earned the Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for superior patient satisfaction and is certified by the Joint Commission.
“We admire Pipeline Health’s best‐in‐class, proprietary operational model. This partnership will help us transform delivery and access to convenient, high quality emergency care in the communities we serve for years to come,” said Frank Williams, president and CEO of Adeptus Health.
The City Hospital Emergency Care network will provide more convenient, patient‐centric ER options for
nearly two million area residents at the following 22 locations:
- Arlington‐Matlock, 8020 Matlock Rd., Arlington
- Arlington‐Green Oaks (Little Road), 4747 Little Rd., Arlington
- Carrollton‐Beltline, 2745 E. Belt Line Rd., Carrollton
- Cedar Hill, 850 Hwy 67 N., Cedar Hill
- Colleyville, 5000 SH 121, Colleyville
- Corinth, 4600 Swisher Rd, Ste. 50, Hickory Creek
- Dallas North Tollway, 4535 Frankford Rd., Dallas
- DeSoto, 800 W. Beltline Rd., DeSoto
- Frisco‐Preston, 5245 Preston Rd., Frisco
- Garland‐Centerville, 738 W. Centerville Rd., Garland
- Grand Prairie‐Carrier Parkway, 901 W. Jefferson St., Grand Prairie
- Lake Highlands, 10705 E. Northwest Hwy., Dallas
- Lewisville, 1596 W. Main St., Lewisville
- Little Elm, 2800 Little Elm Pkwy., Little Elm
- Mansfield, 995 N. Walnut Creek Dr., Mansfield
- McKinney‐Eldorado, 5000 W. Eldorado Pkwy, McKinney
- Mesquite‐Gus Thomasson, 3400 Gus Thomasson, Mesquite
- Mesquite‐Samuell Farms, 1745 N. Beltline Rd., Mesquite
- North Ft. Worth‐Beach (Beach Western Commons), 4551 Western Center Blvd., Ft. Worth
- North Ft. Worth ‐Western Center, 2710 Western Center Blvd., Ft. Worth
- Rowlett, 3301 Lakeview Pkwy., Rowlett
- Wastauga (Basswood), 5401 Basswood Blvd., Ft. Worth
About Pipeline Health
Pipeline Health is a successful community‐based hospital ownership and management company headquartered in Los Angeles. The principals of Pipeline Health have more than 250 years of collective experience in clinical medicine, finance, hospital operations and acquisitions, and successfully manage several thriving community‐based hospitals in Southern California, Dallas and Chicago. The hospital management group is committed to personalized care, reflective of the communities they serve. For more information visit Pipelinehealth.us.
About Adeptus Health Inc.
Adeptus Health is a leading patient‐centered healthcare services organization transforming the delivery of, and access to, the highest quality emergency medical care. Through its innovative delivery model of freestanding emergency rooms (FSEDs), hospital satellite emergency departments (HSEDs) and smart‐ sized hospitals, Adeptus Health empowers premier health systems to expand market share in today’s value‐based reimbursement market. Adeptus Health’s innovative suite of services includes Market Analysis & Development, ED Operational Management, ED Practice Management and Retail Healthcare Marketing services. Adeptus Health is owned by affiliates of Deerfield Management, an investment firm committed to advancing healthcare through investment, information and philanthropy. For more information, please visit www.adpt.com.